Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Home About Me Email My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Growing Littles

As I sit here on this lazy Sunday afternoon,  I've been reflecting on my past first year as a teacher. The year is quickly coming to an end, and I can't believe I've been a teacher for ten months now. I learned *SO* much in the past ten months and it feels bittersweet to be in this moment. My kindergarteners and I have both come such a long way, and I only wish I had begun this blog in August when the journey began. Now that I am beginning in May, I hope that I can use this blog as a reminder each year how much my littles have grown.

This blog is called Growing Littles because I do just that everyday. I "grow" them by teaching them, helping them, cheering them, encouraging them, mending them, listening to them, crying with them, smiling with them, laughing with them, singing with them, chanting with them, reading with them, being silly with them, counting with them, dancing with them, learning with them, and practicing with them. I "grow" them by preparing them for their future. Not just their future in school but their future in life.
 Perhaps the biggest thing I have learned in my first year of teaching is to  s t o p. 
Stop and enjoy the moment because even though I do this thing called teaching, 
I also do this thing called growing littles
and I think that is even. more. important. 
Dontcha think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment