Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Home About Me Email My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

Second First Day of School

...as a teacher!

It wasn't any less exciting today, but it was definitely a smoother day than my first first day of school as a teacher, which was only one short year ago. I knew what to expect and I actually KNEW my schedule! You know how crucial that is. I wasn't constantly looking at the clock. I was focused on my students and didn't have to worry about all of those other first-year-teacher concerns.

It was a fun, laid back day! I got to school early and sipped my coffee and prayed over my room as I waited for my kiddos. I also posted this picture to Instagram:


Sorry for the blurriness! It's an iPhone photo. :)

Our day basically consisted of learning procedures and rules as well as a building tour and one or two (or three) fun activities! It was all very exciting! I LOVE being the very first teacher these sweet children have. If you are a kindergarten teacher, you know what I mean! It is the sweetest thing to be able to be the first one to foster a love for learning in each child. There is nothing else like it.


Onto my cute story of the day...
We pick up our students in front of the school the first several days as the buses drop off the children. I picked up all eight of my kids (we only have 1/3 of our class for the first three days) and we got back to our room. As I was talking to get their attention an hour after picking them up from out front after building tour, bathroom break, and going over classroom rules, I said something like, "All eyes and ears on Mrs. B." One of the girls sitting near me suddenly had bright, wide eyes and with excitement she said, "OH! YOU ARE MY TEACHER?!" I had to giggle!!! She had a huge lightbulb moment! It was so adorable :) Poor thing was oh, so confused for the first hour of her first day of school! She had no idea that I was indeed her teacher!


If you have any cute kindergarten ah-ha moments, please share in the comments! I love to hear those sweet stories! I will be back this week to share my room through pictures!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment