Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Home About Me Email My Classroom Freebies Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It: We are Family!

Are you singing that song now?!

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing!

We definitely become like family with our littles throughout the year, don't we?! I know from the moment I had my first class last year, I wanted to take care of them and help them grow and learn and be the best they could be! I definitely felt a sense of family with them. I called them my kids all the time! And actually, I would sometimes call them my babies! ;) Some of them thought that was oh, so funny. But they were truly just my little kinderbabies. Ha!

So anyways, we feel like a family with our kiddos that's why when I saw this saying on a wall decal, I just had to get it for my classroom...

"In this family
we do encouragement,
we do fun,
we do laugh,
we do our best,
we do trust,
we do honesty,
we do mistakes,
we do forgiveness,
we do love."

Because we DO all those things throughout the year, am I right?!

I didn't want to stick the wall decal to my actual wall, since there is no guarantee that I will be in the same room year after year. I wanted to place it on something that I could take with me if I ever move rooms.

I thought a picture frame would be great, and then I found a canvas! Not just any old canvas, but a canvas made out of BURLAP. Now I don't know about you, but I *really* like burlap! I had to get it.. it was perfect!

So here is what I did:


I laid out my materials. 


I measured out my decal, so I knew where to place it.



I cut the decal in half, so the length would fit on the canvas.



I placed the decal on the canvas. It was a repositional sticker. So when I made the mistake of placing it too low on the canvas, it came up very easy and I was able to reposition it with absolutely no problem.

It truly was just that simple. I love it and I can't wait to hang it in my classroom. 

This would even be an easy and inexpensive teacher gift at any point throughout the year. Hobby Lobby has many different wall decals to choose from ranging from family quotes, to pictures, to scripture. If you use this idea, let me know. I would love to see what you come up with!


I'm now off to check out the other fabulous blogs that have linked up with 


Oh, and just in case you hadn't heard, there is a huge Back to School sale going on at Teachers Pay Teachers! My store as well as many other stores are offering upto 28% off your purchases!

Shop on!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment